OCCH Raises Record $376 Million in 2016: Celebrates Banner Year!
January 26, 2017 – 2016 was a record-breaking year for OCCH and we thank our many partners who contributed in various ways to our success. We are pleased to share these highlights with you,
- OCCH raised $376 Million and invested the largest amount of capital in our 27-year history. We raised $306 million in Ohio Equity Fund XXVII and another $70 million in a proprietary fund.
- We closed $358 million in 45 developments with 2,913 units of affordable housing.
- The OCCH Portfolio of properties continued to perform at high levels with occupancy above 96%.
- Our lending arm, Ohio Capital Finance Corporation (OCFC), made over $40M in loans to 28 projects and received over $5 million in grants from the US Treasury’s CDFI fund.
- Our management and human services affiliate, Community Properties of Ohio (CPO), expanded our relationship with Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority by assuming management of three properties with 353 units and completing Columbus Scholar House, an affordable housing community designed to improve lives, families, and communities through education.
- Our philanthropic affiliate. Ohio Capital Impact Corporation (OCIC), distributed over $4 million in grants for summer camp, resident programs, college scholarships and neighborhood development activities with the funding coming from OCCH retained earnings and many of our generous investors.
We thank our partners for your continued support of our common mission to provide quality housing, improve and impact the lives of our residents, and strengthen our communities.