The Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing (OCCH) is pleased to offer the OCCH Training Academy. The Training Academy is dedicated to linking OCCH partners with quality property management training and technical assistance and to assist in making it affordable.
You can now register for classes on our online registration system. The system allows for payment by credit card and eliminates the need to fill out paper forms to be faxed to OCCH. Additionally, the system provides an early confirmation of registration. Registration for Training Academy classes will open three months prior to the scheduled date of the class. Click on the graphic to go to online registration.
The need for quality property management training has never been higher. To help OCCH partners be successful, the Training Academy offers:
- High-quality property management, development, and asset management training
- Free or low-cost OCCH sponsored trainings
- Discounted training through the Columbus Apartment Association (CAA) and the Midwest Affordable Housing Management Association (MAHMA)
- Columbus Apartment Association OCCH properties receive a discount to $30 per person when registering with OCCH five days before the class date.
- MAHMA OCCH Properties receive one of the discounts below when registering with OCCH five days before the class date:
- A limited number of scholarships are available for employees of ADAMH/CMH/ADAS Board or of an ODMHAS certified provider organization owning housing/providing housing for the behavioral health populations.
- In-house private trainings
- OCCH staff members can conduct private in-house training sessions for your staff on marketing, tax credit compliance, and fair housing.
- NEW for 2016—On-Demand e-Learning
- The OCCH Training Academy is pleased to offer on-demand eLearning opportunities. These classes are typically made up of individual self-paced modules and allow you to log in and log out of the course at your computer or other electronic device anytime and anywhere your schedule allows. Note that some classes may limit the length of time you have access to the module (for example, some courses require you to complete the course within 60 days once the course is started). Now you can have training without the travel expense and hassle.
Call Melanie Shapiro at 614.224.8446 for more information on attending a class or renting the Community Properties of Ohio training facility for your next function.